DC challenging authority

(2 Posts)
S999 Tue 22-Jan-13 13:05:40

My DC s in year 2, been playing up since last sept, calling out, chatting i class but nothing mega-worrying. Recently DC had an almighty row with teacher as DC rubbed out teachers comments on workbook which basically said DC hadn't followed instructions and got it wrong. DC denied and denied it and ended up I argument.

I knew nothing of this u till i went to head to say we would be leaving end of the year as DC has place in another school. I'm sure it happened but why wasn't I told and it's not the first this has happened and I'm wondering how to handle it.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Head says it because she knows she's leaving but I do think that's it. I think it's because she's worried she won't look clever and not be to of the class anymore.

Thanks for any advice, greatly appreciated

cansu Tue 22-Jan-13 18:51:46

I suppose the only thing to do now would be to talk to the teacher and ask her or him to let you know if they have any further issues with your dc. I wouldn't go back over this particular incident especially if it's some time ago. I would also maybe have a chat with your dc and make it clear that you have heard some disappointing comments regarding behaviour and that you are looking for some improvement. How do you handle back chat at home? If you allow your dc more leeway at home then maybe you need to explain that school is different and that arguing isn't acceptable at school. I would make a point of checking in with teacher at the end of a week or once a fortnight and maybe offer a reward for good behaviour. I would keep it straight forward and low key. I would imagine teacher didn't tell you because they handled it effectively in school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now