Sharing advice for the 11+ exam.

(6 Posts)
TotallyBS Fri 04-Jan-13 20:13:23

socharlotte: I hear the same in threads about homework. Apparently a few pieces of homework per week also stops children being children.

myfavoritedayismonday Fri 04-Jan-13 19:16:05

My eldest daughter didn't do great in her 11 plus, other kids in her class who do nothing but watch telly did far better, I think in hindsite that telly is actually good for your vocab. You might think that I'm not being serious, but am.

socharlotte Fri 04-Jan-13 10:01:13

How is doing a little practice with her every week stopping her from being a child?
Your's is a comment I hear often here from parents whose DC have failed the 11+, or are a little jealous of those whose children are at grammar school?

juniper904 Fri 04-Jan-13 01:06:10

let her be a child

oldpeculiar Thu 03-Jan-13 22:38:45

-little and often.
-when she is working on a question ,get her make up her own one for you.she will start thinking like the examiner
-start with questions that are too easy and build up.don't worry about speed to begin with
- read lots to build up vocabulary.

lindsey1403 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:15:10

Hi, my new year's resolution this year is to help my daughter prepare for the 11+ exam. But I don't want to hire a tutor due to the cost.
Are there any mums out there who have done this and want to share some tips please?

I've found some good weblinks that I wanted to share:
www.elevenplusexams.co.uk - lots of material on this website.
www.elevenplussucess.webs.com - material is designed to help parents help
their child which is nice.

My daugther is in year 4, which is a bit early, but the websites suggest starting prep at this point.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,

Lindsey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now