Data protection- Christmas cards?

(55 Posts)
guccigirl666 Mon 03-Dec-12 17:00:29

Today I asked ds's teacher for a list of the other kids in his class to give Christmas cards to but she said she can't due to data protection? What should I do about cards? Is this standard practice?

expansivegirth Sun 09-Dec-12 20:18:24

I found the class photo really helpful. Just sat down and asked my children to tell me first names from that, double checking spelling of difficult names on pegs. I'd have preferred to have been given a list of first names from the class teacher, but it was not to be.

exoticfruits Sun 09-Dec-12 21:02:12

Personally I'd be very tempted to write the HT a very strongly worded note, since this sort of rubbish really discriminates against DCs like DD1 (who's dyslexic and has real trouble with faces and names)

My DS is dyslexic and he knew who his friends were! He only had a few when he started school. If you don't know, or can't remember, the name or face they are not a friend and you don't need to send a card! Maybe he only needs to send 3 or 4 cards.

RyleDup Sun 09-Dec-12 21:11:16

Dc's school has a little pile of class lists in the cloakroom, so the parents can take one as they please.

TeamBacon Sun 09-Dec-12 21:57:58

Oh FGS.

Strongly written letter? :-/

Just reply to any cards received. Easy.

exoticfruits Sun 09-Dec-12 22:20:22

If he wants to reply to the ones received- it really isn't a problem- ask him who he wants to send a card to - he will know the names of those he plays with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now