Do you think the teacher will mind if we take a break from reading?

(27 Posts)
wigglywoowoo Wed 21-Nov-12 21:40:54

I'm seriously thinking of asking this and just wondered whether she is going to think I'm crazy.

I am talking only about the reading scheme books as it is a battle with dd to read them at the moment, even though she picks them herself. We'll still continue reading other books though.

She is a good reader and is in all the top groups (teacher advised me of this) so she is doing well. I have been asked not to write about anything other than school books in her reading diary.

Would this be a real issue for the teacher If I said we're taking a break until say January?

rotavirusrita Thu 22-Nov-12 17:49:48

What is the teachers going to do ig you dont write in the book? Its surely more important that she has a real love of books? Ds1 is now 8. I gave up trying to get him yo read school books in yr 1. Instead i spent time ay bedtime sharing a book. He started reading the title... And he recrntly read and loved the hobbit. I'd read a bit until i got a sore throat then he'd take over.
Its a marathon mot a sprint.... In a few yrs you wont remember what "purple band" or whatever even means

rotavirusrita Thu 22-Nov-12 17:50:41

Sorry for errors on phone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now