What would you do?

(10 Posts)
caffeinated Fri 16-Nov-12 21:15:59

Just makes me so sad that this was an issue at the age of 5.

3b1g Fri 16-Nov-12 20:45:26

What SandStorm said.

SandStorm Fri 16-Nov-12 20:40:18

I would mention it to the school not only because of the language but because he's been calling your son "a f***ing idiot" every day. As a teacher, that's something I would definitely want to know about.

caffeinated Fri 16-Nov-12 20:35:34

Pip that did make me snigger a little bit.

caffeinated Fri 16-Nov-12 20:34:53

I have parents evening on Tuesday so will bring it up with ds2 teacher then. It's a 5 form entry school so I have absolutely no idea who the child even is. Ds2 seems completely unphased by it which is a relief if it had happened to ds1 he would be inconsolable and take it very personally.

chloe74 Fri 16-Nov-12 20:08:59

I would speak to the teacher and the other child but if you tell him its a bad word they you are teaching them what to say when they are being naughty. I tell my DC that no words are good or bad and its the person using them that is being rude. A cold hard discussion of the real meaning of words (that included fucking) follows which usually bores the pants off then lol.

After several years I see other kids say rude words when they are upset and they get punished which upsets them and they say more rude words... My DC never bothers using rude words as it never gets a rise out of me and I am delighted with ho polite they are. Yes they still get upset but are a bit more thoughtful and considered when they want to put me down.

piprabbit Fri 16-Nov-12 19:31:28

Talk to DS2's teacher.

DS (YR) was thinking of words with a CK sound in them. He came up with Fuck Off. Thanks school hmm.

Goonatic Fri 16-Nov-12 19:29:36

Tell the teacher. There are always children who swear a lot, horrible as it is.

caffeinated Fri 16-Nov-12 19:28:24

That should've been too not 2.

caffeinated Fri 16-Nov-12 19:27:50

Ds1 just asked me if fucking is a bad word. To which I responded yes. Dh and I don't swear and the kids aren't really exposed to any adults that do really either (at least not in the presence of kids) so I asked him where he had heard it and he said ds2 age 6 had told him that a boy in his year kept calling him a stupid fucking idiot every day in the playground. I spoke to ds2 who confirmed it and that the boy saying it did it most of last year 2.

What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now