School leavers Jumpers - good fundraiser for primary school?

(28 Posts)
cabbageandbeans Fri 16-Nov-12 11:07:51

Have noticed these on kids at the end of summer term and wondered if anyone had every organised them for their school. Which company, opportunity to raise money etc?

lingle Sun 18-Nov-12 20:37:49

what child protection issues? An outside company knowing their names, or the risk of coded bullying messages?

lingle Sun 18-Nov-12 20:38:21

in the business world, the equivalent of "can't do it - child protection issues" is "can't do it - data protection act".

vociferous Fri 27-Dec-13 06:52:11

Hi.

I am new and just had to reopen this thread. Shirt signing in Primary Schools is something that is dear to my heart. My eldest DS is now 25, having left Primary School in 1999. He decided not to get his shirt signed, thought it wasn't cool and that he wouldn't need it anyway. That decision has proved to be one of the biggest regrets from his childhood - he hits himself in the teeth for not joining in with it. It has gotten so bad that in July my younger DS left primary school and his class so kindly made my 25 year old DS his own shirt. It goes to show that these things are cherished if not at the time. A friend of my younger DS school banned shirt signing so they all went off to the local park after school in order to do it. Yes, it does mean something to a lot of children. It's only a shirt to you and me but it's a memory to our children. The person who suggested we just throw them away after a few years of sitting at the bottom of our child's wardrobe, how could you? Shirt singing is a big tradition and I wish I could have done such a thing in my school days. Instead of poo pooing the idea, encourage your child to take part. You never know he or she may regret it when they are 25 years old! I thought I should add this story! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now