kew green prep -- any comments?

(7 Posts)
jenster Sat 24-Nov-12 14:50:35

Hi. For what it's worth, I have two children at Kew College and am very very happy with the school. There's a lovely atmosphere there, they turn out beautifully polite, thoughtful children and really do seem to get the best out of them academically. My two really enjoy school life and there's a v close knit parent group too which has been an unexpected bonus. Worth a look.

smilesandsun Fri 05-Oct-12 10:45:50

thanks all. Very useful comments.

Any knowledge of the falcons or the Mall?

Tintingal Thu 04-Oct-12 19:15:42

Also very expensive compared to other schools in Kew. Plus they're about to open a new senior school and there are suggestions that the fees may go up a far whack to help pay for this. I did hear (and again am not a parent so can't guarantee) that fees in Chiswick went up a lot when they were opening KGP. If you are interested, may be worth asking about planned fee increases. Actually, all the Kew schools are full/practically full as they're all popular. Unicorn a bit hippy for me, but Kew College and Broomfield House School both good academic schools.

washedup Thu 04-Oct-12 15:13:49

Hi Smilesandsun, don't want to out myself so I'll PM you.

smilesandsun Thu 04-Oct-12 12:42:55

thanks. That is interesting, I have heard only good things about the school until looking on mumsnet and with yours have two poor reviews. We loved the look of unicorn, but as you say very oversubscribed.

MLP Thu 04-Oct-12 10:11:37

A work colleague of mine removed his daughter from the school last year because (in his view) she had fallen about a year behind in maths and the school hadn't noticed this. Surprised me as it's run by the people who also run Ravenscourt, which has a good reputation. I know a couple of other people who have kids there at the moment and seem perfectly happy with it.

There are other options in Kew, such as Unicorn (excellent but very over-subscribed), Kew College, Broomfield House plus two decent state schools (Queen's, Kew Riverside), so might be worth checking them out as well.

smilesandsun Thu 04-Oct-12 09:16:09

Hi, We're looking at this school among others and would like to hear of any views.

thx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now