Reserve list for 7+ prep....What are our chances?!

(32 Posts)
londonstressedmummy Fri 03-Feb-12 12:56:39

We've just found out that my ds is on the reserve list for CC school in London. He did really well to pass the exam and get to interview stage as his pre prep goes up until 8+ so didn't prepare him at all. We've been told there are a handful of boys on the list and now just have to be patient and wait to see if any of the definite places choose another school.
Does anyone have any experience of this? I just want to know either way, being in limbo is killing me and I just keep jumping everytime the phone rings!...Help!

cherokee07 Thu 09-Feb-12 10:52:18

Nordicmom and london(less)stressed mummy: congratulations! the 7+ (i.e. Y3) teacher at CC are absolutely lovely -- warm and kind as well as excellent teachers -- and the boys have a wonderful time.

sleeplessinSWLondon Thu 09-Feb-12 14:01:18

It's a yes! Can't wait to get home and tell him. So proud of my little man.

londonstressedmummy Thu 09-Feb-12 14:29:31

Congratulations Sleeplesss! That's great news, so happy it worked out, the feeling of relief and euphoria is amazing isn't it? You just want to scream!! Well done to little man smile

Nordicmom Thu 09-Feb-12 14:40:27

Where did you get to sleepless ? Congrats!!!

vickystone Sat 18-Feb-12 10:33:48

oooo guys the waiting has just started for us. My DS is on the waiting list for 7+ at chigwell.Lets just say being in limbo does not even begin to describe our emotions at present. Congrats to you all who got in and hope your good luck rubs onto the rest of us still waiting.

sandyliad Thu 19-Jul-12 11:46:47

Can someone enlighten me to what kind of careers you have in general to be able to afford the fees for cc etc. I find it difficult enough to afford the mortgage let alone manage 30-40k a year school fees lol.

CaringMom Sat 02-Feb-13 16:25:26

Is anyone holding more than one place at 8+ entry for WUS / CC / KCS ? Just wondered what chances were on reserve lists this year. Very anxious as possibility may come up this week !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now