Norfolk House School, Muswell Hill

(6 Posts)
alexandra430 Sun 08-Dec-13 01:36:27

From personal experience this is not a very special school.

thefish22 Tue 22-May-12 08:28:29

Norfolk house has lots of homework, big outdoor space for playing, but quite old fashioned...kids when we visited had only hoops to play with. But you have to keep up with homework.

alincha Wed 05-Jan-11 10:33:41

Am also trying to get some more information about the school! Recently moved to the area and too late to even register for Highgate for DD1...
Suzieshoes - how does your DS1 enjoy Highgate School? We are planning to register our younger one there, but are getting mixed messages.

Suzeyshoes Mon 27-Dec-10 22:03:15

That would be great, thanks so much.
I just wanted to get a general idea of what the standard of schooling is like and the atmosphere.

Also, from the information I have found I have two specific concerns:
- the premises are quite small so I'm worried there isn't much space for the kids to play and do sport.
- the classes are small (I think about 13 per class) which is obviously great for teaching but does this mean children find it difficult transfering to senior school (or a different primary/ junior school if necessary) where classes are much bigger.

Thanks

kdk Sun 28-Nov-10 18:44:48

Daughter of a friend goes there. They seem delighted and she is very happy. Can ask her for more details if you want.

Suzeyshoes Sat 27-Nov-10 14:27:42

Does anybody know anything about Norfolk House Prep School in Muswell Hill, or know anybody who sends their children there?

We are looking for a decent prep school in the nearby area and are a bit nervous about highgate school (nervous of not getting a place, or a DC2 not getting in when DS1 has).

Unfortunately there seems to be no information about Norfolk House out there apart from the school prospectus which is not going to objectively tell you whether or not it is a good school! Can anyone help please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now