Any experience of Halstead Prep, Woking?

(8 Posts)
tjandpootle Mon 08-Nov-10 21:10:17

Considering it for my DD having been to visit. Still not 100% convinced about single-sex primary though but really liked the school and its ethos.

Anyone have any experience of the school?

OrangeChicken Thu 18-Nov-10 22:46:55

Bumping for you since we are in the same boat.

florencesmith Tue 17-Apr-12 23:06:55

Hi There,

I am also considering Halstead Prep school for my DD, can you please let me know if you heard anything or if you are sending you DD to it and what do you feel about the school?

Thanks,
Florence

hipposaurus Wed 22-Apr-15 19:15:39

Hi, bumping as I'm looking at this school and Hoe Bridge for dd.

tomatosaucewitheverything Sat 25-Apr-15 23:46:40

I have 2 DD at Halstead and we love the school. Girls are very happy there and enjoy going to school.
The facilities they provide are second to none. The new dining hall, food technology and art classes were opened last year and provide great spaces. Interactive whiteboards, I-pads as well as more traditional tools are available in the classes.
One of our DDs is sporty the other not so much but I like that the school encourages all the girls regardless of ability. It's not about 'being in the first team' but about trying and joining in.
There are lots of after school activities to choose from and you can drop at 8am with no additional charge.
The new Headmistress started in Sept 2013 and has made some positive (albeit small) changes. The class sizes are very small circa 12-14 in pre-prep increasing slightly for prep.
The girls that come out of Halstead are independent thinkers and well rounded and they are taught to question which for us, was very important. We didn't want our girls to have their personalities reined in.
Hope this helps ��

Kareninthetardis Sun 26-Apr-15 18:54:08

I have friends who have worked there/sent their daughters there. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole based on their experiences.

Rh123 Thu 09-Jun-16 21:49:55

Torn between hoe bridge and halstead for daughter's nursery. Any feedback about the two would be helpful

teaspoon66 Sun 19-Jun-16 10:39:05

@Kareninthetardis how can you give an opinion on something that you have absolutely no experience of whatsoever? Sounds a bit like sour grapes to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now