Limo ride for a 12 year old birthday party?

(6 Posts)
marylou21 Sun 27-Nov-16 21:33:46

Any advice thoughts on 6 12 year olds in limo for a birthday party. Sounds cool but isn't actually quite boring and does an adult need to go with them.?I live in south London & thought might be nice to go & see Xmas lights but .... Would be the max of my budget and sounds like it needs a bit of thought to make it work. Anyone had any experience of doing this?

TeenAndTween Wed 30-Nov-16 18:37:51

I'm with your initial thoughts, sounds cool but wouldn't be that much fun.
But my 12yo is 'young' and not a 15yo wannabe.

Could you do 10pin bowling or something for the same budget?

Lilaclily Wed 30-Nov-16 18:38:35

I'd leave it for a 16th birthday to be honest

LadyMonicaBaddingham Wed 30-Nov-16 18:51:21

Would be a nice idea, but ultimately tedious I suspect. Take them out for pizza and Ice-cream!

BikeRunSki Wed 30-Nov-16 18:55:17

Some neighbours did this for their DD's 10th. There were DVDs and Haribo in the limo, and the girls loved it, but I think that was more to do with the sweets. And they went to her party (disco at a party venue) in it, it was an add on to the party, rather than the main event.

I was hmm, as were many other neighbours. Bit extravagant for 10.

MrsMandS Wed 30-Nov-16 19:07:57

It's quite common round here as there are several limo companies nearby.

As a PP said the limos are usually full of soft drinks and sweeties and they play your music - loudly! There's quite a lot of room inside a limo so there's often lots of fooling around/shrieking/squealing.

Back to yours after for pizza & a DVD?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now