Possibly stupid question but..

(5 Posts)
HalfShellHero Thu 24-Nov-16 22:26:27

B/odour in my 7 year old, does it signal hormones pehaps starting? Or is that just silly, its not all the time but sometimes theres a definite 'sweaty boy smell' i do make sure he washes and talcs everyday especially now, but...he is incredibly incredibly tall for his age , he's 4" 2 and in 10 year old trousers, he is if you didn't know someone who looks much like a 10 year old. Im 5"8 and DH is 6 "4 , So could this be the start of things or am i just over worrying ?

HalfShellHero Fri 25-Nov-16 11:35:53

BUMP x

sadie9 Fri 25-Nov-16 19:33:55

Mine started smelling of sweat about age 10, he's 13. But he still hasn't hit puberty, just got taller but nothing else really. I started with the Boots own brand deordorant called 'Kids' or under his arms, as it looks really neutral. Then that wasn't strong enough after a while so I got another neutral looking unisex Vaseline brand. Gradually then I was able to introduce the 'mens' antiperspirants about a year ago.

youcantgoback Fri 25-Nov-16 21:01:33

It's worth keeping an eye on other signs of puberty as BO at 7 is early. Why not mention it to the doctor? It's worth checking as kids who go through puberty early, stop growing early. It's called precocious puberty if its this early. I guess he's bound to be tall as you're tall but still worth checking.

HalfShellHero Fri 25-Nov-16 23:05:36

Thankyou for the replies ill have a chat with the dr , i and my sister were early developers but were girls and men tend to develop later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now