cool birthday party

(9 Posts)
Nimo13 Sat 19-Mar-16 04:44:31

My DD is 12 and has a rough time at school from the 'mean girls'. Would appreciate any ideas for a cool 13th party that will be good fun for her and the friends that do like her. Just wanted something that would make her feel better about herself. I am keen to avoid a sleepover and money isn't an problem.

Sootica Sat 19-Mar-16 05:08:31

Go ape?
Have you got a snow dome anywhere near you?
Theatre trip?
Indoor skydiving? www.airkix.com

I was in the cool gang at school (never since) and at 13 we just wanted our friends round to hang out with and to do stuff that was independent from our parents.

Rpj16 Sat 19-Mar-16 05:14:52

I second go ape. That will be really fun. Our you could drive her and 3 friends to a nice shopping location and leave them to it for a couple hours, give her some spending money then a meal? Or maybe 12 is too young for that.. I'd stick with an even number of people so there is no-one ever 'left out'.

Nimo13 Sat 19-Mar-16 21:16:43

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I think she likes the idea of shopping

FullOfChoc Wed 23-Mar-16 19:31:24

Hope she has a great time.

uhoh2016 Thu 24-Mar-16 05:24:24

How about a hot tub and pampering party? Doing nails and hair etc hiring a hot tub schloer out of plastic champagne glasses a chocolate fountain maybe?
You only need to invite a few round and the girls feel very sophisticated etc. Plus once the girls have gone home you could enjoy the hot tub yourself everyone is a winner

happsymum Mon 09-May-16 19:55:22

Hope it's ok jumping on this thread. What food and drinks do you all normally lay out for your pre-teens birthday parties? Dico party coming up and I'm stumped! X

MaureenMLove Mon 09-May-16 20:10:28

DD hosted a posh dinner party for 3 of her friends for her13th Birthday. She hired me and DH as chef and waitress and we served them a 3 course meal!

I did menus and made labels for a bottle of Shloer, with the date and her name on it. I wore a pinny and did the whole silver service thing!

The girls dressed up in fabulous dresses, that at 13, would not be allowed out wearing!grin. Afterwards, they returned to type, put their pj's on and piled ice cream with all sorts of E numbers and watch a DVD whilst doing nails and hair etc.

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 09-May-16 20:16:49

Either a Theme Park where you stay but let them go off on their own with a meet up time/location for the end of the day. Or a Mall where again you leave them to their own devices with money for cinema/food etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now