Spots in 8 year old

(3 Posts)
SuzanneDickie Mon 15-Feb-16 23:09:09

Does anyone have any advice about spots in a 8.5 year old ? My daughter has been experiencing bad skin for the last 6 months - blackheads, whiteheads and pimples on chin and forehead. We have been using tea tree and witch hazel foaming wash, along with more recently Body Shop tea tree gel stick on specific spots, but it's not really having much effect. Any recommendations for other products or any experience of what to do?

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 15-Feb-16 23:16:46

No advice but dd who is 9 has been getting some spots lately.

I know with my skin they are best left alone, product wise. on such young skin it's really best nit to use anytbing other than water.

in fact I found my skin improved so much better when I stopped using face washes and toners etc and washed witg just water.

so I haven't used anytbing on dd yet

JustDanceAddict Tue 16-Feb-16 16:08:44

Quite early to be getting spots, but I know that DS's friend had them in year 6 (a boy), when he was 10, which is pretty young for a boy in particular. DD has got them, but she is 13. I have recently taken her to the GP again as they have got worse and she prescribed antibiotics plus a cream this time as mostly on her back so very hard to wash effectively with OTC stuff. If you use washes specifically spots, they have to have salycilic acid in them to do any good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now