physically attacked by dd1 aged 10

(6 Posts)
louisedonna15 Wed 26-Aug-15 20:16:32

Hi,
I've just joined in hope someone has advice on the best way to deal with this situation. My daughter today scratched my arm so badly I bled. Punched me in the face. And repeatedly punched me in the leg. Because I won't get her a laptop for Christmas. She has 4 siblings. I've sat her down explained I can't afford it and that her behavior is unacceptable. She then ran out of the house. My partner her stepdad found her. He said he saw her pinching her leg. She's notw saying she's going to tell people I did it. I restrained her arm when she was punching me. But I didn't hurt her. I've not had an apology, just that she's expecting a laptop. What do I do?

BCBG Wed 26-Aug-15 20:24:40

Has she ever been violent before?

louisedonna15 Wed 26-Aug-15 20:34:48

Not like this. She's tried to hit me. Just not achieved it.

ImperialBlether Wed 26-Aug-15 20:36:58

I'd wonder whether she was going through puberty and having hormone surges which meant she couldn't control herself. I'd take her to the doctor.

What's your relationship with her been like throughout her life? Is she the eldest?

louisedonna15 Wed 26-Aug-15 20:46:49

I went to the doctors when she was self-harming and the doctor told me I should deal with it as it's attention seeking.

Our relationship was perfect until I had to leave my ex partner for cheating.(not her dad) She was 7 at the time. Since then she's blamed me for it. Her dad sees her once a fortnight so he's not really an influence in her life.
She now acts very 'brat' like. I have to get her this and that. If not she kicks off hurting her siblings. Attacks my partner regularly. She started puberty a few years ago. But not yet started her cycles.
I will make a doctors appointment. See if they'd be willing to help this time.

BCBG Thu 27-Aug-15 12:25:34

She definitely needs some sort of intervention and referral - you could also discuss with the school and see if any behavioural markers have been noted there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now