Facial hair on my 10 yr old daughter

(6 Posts)
Nannymom101 Sun 31-Aug-14 22:48:41

Hi everyone !! I am new to this site but it does seem amazing and very friendly and informative ... I'm sorry if I was supposed to use DD for daughter .. I wasn't sure about that.. Lol... My question is " What do all the parents out there feel the best way would be to remove some very dark and thick facial hair for my 10 yr old girl? " I feel awful for her.. She wants it taken off for all the teasing she is enduring but I really don't want her having to deal with the pain of waxing and obviously shaving is not option for that area.. Are creams a good option? I'm not sure since they are a chemical.. Thankyou in an advance!!! I also welcome any tips in how to use this site most efficiently smile nice to meet you all!!!

Heyho111 Mon 01-Sep-14 00:25:21

Creams do the same as shaving - very short term and grows back stronger.
Waxing is the best option. Take her to a nice salon. It's quick and the Iain is over before it happens.
My daughter used to be waxed at that age and now has her own wax pot and does it herself.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Mon 01-Sep-14 00:30:25

Hi, have you considered taking her to the docs to be tested for PCOS? it may be that some hormonal treatment may help tge facial hair growth. I would suggest waxing or threading in the meantime!!

Nannymom101 Mon 01-Sep-14 01:16:51

Wow ... I didn't know that about creams so definitely will take that into consideration ... And PCOS could definitely be a possibility as it has run in the family and I struggled with it ( but only a little so just wasn't sure about it with her ) ... I think having the doc look into it is a really good idea and I'm glad I was informed about the cream.., thankyou both!!smile

Lally112 Mon 01-Sep-14 01:34:47

I second the PCOS and the waxing but not the threading, I ride stallions and drive tractors for a living and threading was damn painful on my eyebrows - which I wax every 6 weeks.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Thu 04-Sep-14 10:15:20

Ah threading gets less painful the more you do it dosent hurt at all now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now