Almost 7yo DS... Behaving like a teen before he's even a pre teen!

(3 Posts)
smileyface128 Thu 21-Aug-14 23:52:20

Him can anyone tell me if this is normal...
My ds argues against everything he is asked to do:
Breakfast: don't want to eat it (or anything else) as he was stopped from watching tv or didn't get exactly what he wanted... Result, the 'angry , I hate everything that's happening to me face' coupled with clenched fists, jaws and angry eyes...then growls out of frustration, throws his fists around, or stomps off to his room and slams door...
Dinner: don't like it- not eating it... Resulting in same behaviour as above... But eventually gives in and eats (after a lot of negotiation)
Being asked to do anything- same reaction as above- everything is so so boring,,, I just want to watch tv or go out (even though no one is playing out and it's raining heavily outside.
Being asked not to do something: ignores being spoken to (just like in all the scenarios above) have to repeat numerous times until have or raise voice or shout to get attention... Then after asking him to not do something, he will ignore being asked and go back to doing it straight away...,

Getting really annoyed with his attitude,.. Is there something wrong with him?

Lurking. My 6.5yo dd is similar. It's all "you can't tell me what to do, I can if I want to", slamming doors and strops. And yet 75% of the time she's absolutely gorgeous, a real dream. But then a switch comes on and she can reduce me to tears of frustration in seconds. She's behaving how I would expect at 12 or 13, not 6.

smileyface128 Fri 22-Aug-14 08:45:18

shelagh it's lucky your dd is great 75% of the time... My ds is like that 90% of the time... The constant complaining, whining and tantrums is wearing me down... sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now