Can anyone recommend a good supportive crop top?

(4 Posts)
Dancergirl Thu 07-Aug-14 21:36:01

Dd is 11.5, about to start secondary. She's been wearing M and S white cotton crop tops for a while now. It looks like she's starting to develop a little in the breast area, although I'm not 100% sure as she's always had quite a round shape so could just be a bit of fat (there's no way I would convey this to her btw!).

She says it hurts a bit so probably puberty is on the way. She doesn't feel ready for a bra yet but would like something a bit more supportive than what she wears now. Any ideas where I can look?

dd has some like these - they do white ones too but they dont seem to show online. Seem to be quite supportive and look like sports bras. We did have to size up though so dd wears the 12-14 and is nearly 11.

Noregrets78 Thu 14-Aug-14 00:09:12

We like the M&Co bras. They have the clasp at the back so they can practice with that, but don't have the padding which you see in so many 'young' bras. (apparently for 'dignity' but just look like padded bras to me!)
They're very small and have been good for not quite flat chests :-)

www.mandco.com/search?q=bra&categoryPathRefs=10#esp_cf=ESP_Matrix_ESP_Rational_Colour_Size%3ASize&esp_filter_ESP_Matrix_ESP_Rational_Colour_Size%3ASize=146-152
Sorry not sure if that links right no idea how to do it!

jinnybag Mon 08-Sep-14 22:55:34

I can recommend sloggi comfort. Dd is v happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now