DSD 10 is a 26D bra size

(15 Posts)

I know they don't exist anywhere and have been recommended to try for a 28C instead. We went to M&S but there were only 2 available and one was an underwire which her Mum wasn't keen on.

Any thoughts?

Janek Mon 14-Apr-14 19:35:28

Bravissimo! Or debenhams. Or john lewis. Never m and s is the mumsnet mantra!

Cupid5tunt Mon 14-Apr-14 19:38:19

Bravissimo 100%. I can understand the reluctance for an undermine but at a d cup she might struggle to find without

Do bravissimo do that small? I'll have a look online thanks.

It's amazing, she is still a twig of a little girl but with full on proper boobs!

Bravissimo only do from a D cup and from 28 back so no good sad

Theas18 Mon 14-Apr-14 20:09:51

You'll probably find a small 28 back is fine. Bravissimo is your friend. Dd has been a bravissimo girl from the same age and size. Go and see them rather than ordering on line . If you must go on line I suggest panache tango 2 balconette ( the plunge is pretty plungy) tbh it's the best fitting bra dd ever had - she's had a succession of sizes and occasional other styles but always come back to that one.

Hulababy Mon 14-Apr-14 20:10:14

I went shopping for DD today and there were few places with a 28 band. I didn't see a 26 band anywhere.

Debenhams, M&S, House of Fraser has some, but not many 28s.

Theas18 Mon 14-Apr-14 20:13:27

Never ever take her to m&s! Not only will you get a bad fitting but stupid thoughtless comments like " you shouldn't be in under wires at your age " ...." You can possibly be a 28dd..... Oh you are.... Try these 30Cs instead as we haven't got the right size"

Fortunately dd is a tough cookie but she could have been really crushed by them.

Hulababy Mon 14-Apr-14 20:17:22

I got DD some from M&S today. They didnt even ask if she wanted fitting - I just went into the changing rooms with a couple we wanted to try. They didn't question anything we took in with us, nor any comments either way.

I think generally so long as you are happy to decline their fitting service they will leave you to it.

We tried a few places today and the bras we chose were from M&S as DD liked them best, they had the size we needed and they fit well.

alita7 Mon 14-Apr-14 20:40:45

Could you take a 28 inch in a little bit? I can see why you wouldn't like underwired... I don't even like putting DSD (also 10) in a slightly padded bralet her mum had got before she moved to us. So I got her some crop tops, though she's less than an a cup, though you can see little peaks. But wow... I can really see what a problem your having are there websites where you can get bespoke bras?

We tried the 28" back at M&S today and it seemed ok. She says why she tried on wasn't comfortable under the bust, not tight around just not nice. I would never let a fitter near her in there smile It did seem to fit ok, she was filling the cup but not spilling over IYSWIM.

I don't see the problem with wire tbh, but we had a massive row with her DM last year about it. She doesn't wear wired bras and doesn't feel DSD should either.

The nearest Bravissimo store is an hour away, a bit of a trek if it turns out they don't have anything to fit her, maybe I'll call them.

DSD does like moulded cups though, she is very embarrassed by her nipples and likes bras that don't show them.

Jellaby Mon 14-Apr-14 23:17:31

If you have a big debenhams, they will do them. Debenhams is excellent for bras.

Yay success in JL, beautiful fit smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now