Anyone else with an 11yo DS who plays football in a team & it affects EVERYTHING!?

(6 Posts)
grants1000 Sun 30-Mar-14 13:22:36

Another Sunday, another game, won 3-2, but my DS did not play the whole game. When he played he was great and he was not the only one who was subbed.

The managers son plays the whole game every week despite not turning up for training each week. Which DS says is unfair and we agree with him but that is they way it is. If we said anything it would rock the boat so to speak. We have have said to DS that he has to go out play each week and forget everything else that he happens to agree or disagree with, that is football and managers.

But his whole stinking mood about it takes over the house, we just had a horibble grumpy mother's day brunch because of his foulness. He is so negative and defeatest about it all. So we've just said to him he either continues to play and just gets on with it or if he can't stop being such a negative gumpy nitwit (other words were used to him, am just being breif now) then he can't play anymore.

Life is not fucking fair, yes it sucks the managers son plays all the fucking time but we can't change that. Players and managers disagree at all levels but you get out on the pitch and play.

Any ideas on who to pull him out of this negative, moody, frustration?

mercibucket Sun 30-Mar-14 13:38:54

the manager volunteers
is his son also a better player?
perhaps change team?

grants1000 Sun 30-Mar-14 13:40:30

My husband is the linesman aka volunteer
They are all good players, top of the league
No other team to change too

mercibucket Sun 30-Mar-14 16:44:21

i would just pull him out at the end of the season then. hardly sounds like fun. or your dh has a word at training (he volunteers there too i guess) and asks if he can play more. or your dh asks to co-manage next year as he volunteers already
why cant he change teams? presumably they play against other teams so there must be some nearby?

BackforGood Sun 30-Mar-14 16:58:35

Sounds to me like it's your ds's attitude that is affecting the rest of the day, not the fact he plays -that's what I'd be working on, and if he can't change that, then give him warning that you won't support him in going to football after the end of the season.

My dd plays in a team, and they all expect to be subbed (well, except the goalie) -it's how it works when you have a squad.

mercibucket Sun 30-Mar-14 17:11:06

it sounds like it is the 'unfairness' of missing training but playing the full match that annoys him?
we all sub but the best players get more of a match. fair enough as they get older imo.
i wonder if the manager is having problems keeping his son interested? he might welcome a co-manager.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now