Puberty - the gift that keeps on giving....

(8 Posts)
SilverLining Tue 25-Feb-14 18:02:32

It's just hideous! DD aged 12 is changing literally day by day! I can cope with the greasy hair - she appreciates the need to wash it regularly! She has accepted the need for deodorant and uses it! We've even dealt with her starting her periods amazingly well - v proud! Boobs growing incredibly fast but think she quite likes them! Strops and moods are becoming less and less - hurray! BUT this hideous greasy yucky skin around her nose is just awful! I can't stop looking at it!! I've bought her a facial wash and moisturiser for general use but is there anything I can do for this grease??? Clearasil?? Can't remember having this myself but apparently DH suffered with bad skin! Poor cow - is it neverending???

Any suggestions v v welcome!!!

Innogen Tue 25-Feb-14 20:53:56

I'd be buying her a concealer. Unpopular strategy, but maybelline do a fantastic anti-shine stick that will matte problem areas.

SilverLining Wed 26-Feb-14 07:39:51

Brilliant Innogen - thanks for the tip - I do feel so sorry for her - growing up is awful isn't it?!! Off to the shops today! Thanks

I'm sure you don't mean it nastily, but perhaps in future don't refer to you lovely sounding DD as a "cow".

SilverLining Wed 26-Feb-14 11:02:39

It was a term of endearment and actually feeling very sorry for her having to go through all this and wish I could do it for her! Sorry if it offended you - she's a fab girl and certainly wouldn't be offended by it!

sicily1921 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:42:03

No expert advice Silver except a thorough wash at least twice a day, regular clean towel just for her face. Light concealer, nothing heavy.

purplebaubles Mon 10-Mar-14 14:43:53

Boots No7 anti shine base - in a white tube. It's fab.

And get her some proactiv grin

SilverLining Mon 10-Mar-14 20:47:29

Ahh - thanks you 2! I got the maybelline concealer and dabbed it on in the morning. She's been really good with her face wash morning & night and it seems better! Hallelujah!! I do wonder if it could be a PMT thing aswell so we're prepared for next month - bless her!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now