Personal hygiene

(8 Posts)
LastingLight Wed 05-Feb-14 06:21:09

Do your dc's shower, brush teeth, comb hair, apply roll-on etc. without being told? My 11 year old dd will happily go through life dirty and stinky if I don't remind her to do those things.

Tuhlulah Wed 05-Feb-14 08:51:07

Mine too, and he's 12.

Gatekeeper Wed 05-Feb-14 08:58:18

not a hope in hell! DD is 11, in yr 7 and she would happily go around like a stinky bedraggled urchin with hair like a St Trinian <sigh>

I use laundry tongs like these to pick up her knicks to bung in the wash otherwise i might faint wink

FuckyNell Wed 05-Feb-14 09:05:18

grin

Madlizzy Wed 05-Feb-14 09:06:42

It's normal. Eventually they do realise that smelling and looking nice is worthwhile.

pandora987 Wed 05-Feb-14 11:00:44

DD 10 wouldn't bath or shower for weeks if ever if I didn't insist! Im sure in a few years we wont be able to get her out of the bathroom!

OldBeanbagz Wed 05-Feb-14 13:39:31

My 12yo DD is exactly the same though she does put her washing in the laundry bin.

DS (9) thinks going swimming counts as washing hmm

They get none of this behaviour from me & DH who shower/bath daily.

Madmog Wed 05-Feb-14 14:06:53

We had a big break through around 11 years of age when they talked about hygiene at school. Think mine sometimes forgets to wash her face and clean teeth, but it's very rare now. Also, has gone from being nagged to have a bath/shower to insisting friends come home and wait downstairs while she washes her hair when they are doing something on the spur of the moment and she doesn't want to risk not having time later on!! Probably a girly thing, but hair now gets brushed and re-styled around four times a day as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now