How have you advanced the education of your dc over the Xmas holidays?

(32 Posts)
indignatio Sat 04-Jan-14 20:47:09

Mine can sing the theme tune from TBBT. February half term will see them learning the other verses without googling barenaked ladies and Big Bang.

MaddAddam Wed 08-Jan-14 13:05:41

I tried to educate my teen and pre-teen dds in relationships and the art of kissing by watching Sherlock kissing Molly with them, but they were more interested in the bungee jumping techniques. So they're well set up now for a gap year in New Zealand.

Weegiemum Wed 08-Jan-14 13:15:41

Lots of acheivments here!

DD1 (almost 14):
How To Survive When You Lose Your Phone Charger (who knew we had a landline ?)
How To Talk Your Dad Into Letting YHow To Look After A Cat!ou Go To The Cinema With Your Boyfriend.
How To Think Your Mother Can't Search Your Internet History On Your New Laptop grin

DS (almost 12):
Santa Exists!!! (we scored a ps4 3 days before Christmas)

Dd2 (10):
How To Look After A Cat!
How To Look After A Cat!
How To Look After A Cat!
How To Look After A Cat!
How To Look After A Cat!

(Santa arranged for very lovely black Kitten to be left at the SSPCA for her!!)

woodrunner Thu 09-Jan-14 08:00:51

Mine have learned that a Poundstore Santa's stocking Toblerone and a box of Maltesers between meals each day over Christmas can actually make you unable to fit into any of your existing clothes before you even reach New Year! He will write up that experiment neatly obviously!

moldingsunbeams Thu 09-Jan-14 08:08:27

We sing soft kitty in round.
She knows the song to TBBT.
She's learnt construction minecraft

Blu Thu 09-Jan-14 08:09:07

DS can now correctly identify every single Quality Street by wrapper colour and shape without using the leaflet. [proud]

Lizzylou Thu 09-Jan-14 08:16:22

They both now have superb aims with their Nerf guns.

sittingagain Thu 09-Jan-14 08:23:38

How to a various card games (outside tutoring from neighbour who was recalling games his grandmother taught him about 60 years ago).

Ds1 has finally perfected the art of staying in bed until 9am. Ds2 still has some way to go here.

Ds1 has announced he wants to paint watercolours. hmm has actually half finished a seascape.

Ds2 is working on a swimming pool on Mine craft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now