What does your 9/10 year old like doing?

(37 Posts)
cupcakeicing Fri 18-Oct-13 11:37:52

My soon to be 10 year old DS seems to have lost interest in everything he used to love, lego, playing star wars etc. All he seems to want to do is play his PS3 or watch you tube videos of video games. I realise he's just growing up but would love to interest him in something else for his 'downtime'. (His regular activities include swimming, cubs and guitar lessons).

sporktacular Thu 24-Oct-13 22:16:05

OK that's it, I am going to download Minecraft, it's got to be brilliant. I don't have any kids and am allowed to play all night if I like.

Supermum222 Sat 08-Feb-14 20:40:26

Minecraft and annoying Minecraft Stompy what's his name you tube vids!!!

Minecraft, origami, watching TV, composing on the garage band app, working on his novel, winding up his older brother.

DD: watching TV, reading, colouring, Hama beads, rainbow loom.

AmysTiara Sat 08-Feb-14 20:49:19

Scouts, football, tennis, meeting his friends, going to castles (bit random I know) and bloody minecraft

Taffeta Sat 08-Feb-14 20:49:24

Football
Minecraft
Football
Designing "inventions" his bedroom wall is covered in them
Football
Tennis
Football
Table tennis
Football
Competitions of any kind

Oh, and football. He plays x 5 per week.

bigTillyMint Sat 08-Feb-14 20:49:43

When DS was 10,
football
swimming
football
tennis
football
cubs
football
TV (mainly Match of the Day)
football

He is now nearly 13 and it is still football all the way!

bigTillyMint Sat 08-Feb-14 20:50:04

Oh Taffetagrin

bigTillyMint Sat 08-Feb-14 20:50:33

Actually, I forgot the table tennis too!

Taffeta Sat 08-Feb-14 20:52:16

Ha! Tilly, twins. grin

Taffeta Sat 08-Feb-14 20:53:59

Oh and I forgot Miranda.

He adores Miranda. DH keeps logging into his ipad and finding it on youtube Miranda clips. He sneaks up on his little sister and shrieks "SPASM!" at the top of his voice.

But mostly, football. grin

CuntyBunty Sat 08-Feb-14 20:54:33

Once I can stop him doing screen-based stuff, he loves his skateboard and a bit of scootering. Some basketball in the summer and he will play a hand or two of black jack. DH took him to the pub and taught him Backgammon last week too. Oh, picking his nose as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now