12 yr old DS HELP!!!

(2 Posts)
Roooby Mon 07-Oct-13 20:08:51

Am at my wits end. Long so sorry.

2 DS, divorced from their Father 9 yrs ago. Single fulltime working Mum for most of that time.

Re-married a year ago.

My DS was tested for ADHD and oppositional defiance disorder. Learning mentor felt was something there, peadiatrician didn't confirm a diagnosis.

Behaviour improving slightly with age, but I feel like I've lost him.

After being very close to my husband, he now dislikes him most of the time, my OH has pretty much withdrawn to avoid conflict. Its not just him though. My DS either loves or hates people, no middle ground at all.

He hero worships his disney dad, who he sees twice a month. Comes home in tears every time which makes me feel shit. He is withdrawn, has mood swings. I can't talk to him without a screaming fit. The only communication at the moment is instructional - do your homework, have a shower. I try to rectify this, I try to find things we can do together but he isn't interested in anything I suggest, and has no suggestions of his own.

I tell him all the time how much I love him, and he veers from being babyish (Mummy), to grunts and seemingly pure hatred.

He will not talk about what is bothering him. I have an older DS, so this is more than the usual teenage stuff.

Please give me some help/advice. I can't get on here much, but will welcome your responses suggestions and questions.

TheSecretOfTheNile Thu 10-Oct-13 16:20:54

Sounds really tough, Roooby. What kind of therapy is he having for the ADHD and ODD? Are there any therapy-based games, conversations etc that you could do together? And is his school proactive about helping him from a SEN pov? They might be able to suggest some good strategies for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now