Presents for a10y old - he's my son & I have no idea what to get!

(7 Posts)
Mirandasbestmate Sat 14-Sep-13 21:27:02

He is a bookworm but with a very narrow range of books he deems worth reading ( only Harry potter or Percy Jackson.) I have scoured charity shops for alternatives but ended up taking them back as he wouldn't read them. Not into sport , doesn't play with anything much. All he wants is an iTunes voucher as he was given an itouch a while back. He has ticked most of the Argos catalogue but its all complete tat that I know he will have no interest in once he's opened the present (found that out the hard way last year) & TBH I don't have the money to waste.

I have all the relatives asking me what to buy & I'm panicking as I don't even know what to get him from me!
Any ideas gratefully received !

Taffeta Sat 14-Sep-13 21:30:17

I'm getting my 10 yo a table tennis table. You said he's not into "sport", not sure if table tennis counts?!

mrspremise Sat 14-Sep-13 21:37:20

Try him on the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz; my bookworm son loves those as well as those series you mentioned

Mirandasbestmate Sat 14-Sep-13 21:43:49

No space for the table tennis table but will look out for Alex rider thank you .

minidipper Wed 18-Sep-13 11:26:11

Definitely second the Alex Rider series recommendation. He'll be hooked.

How about a box of magic tricks for him to master?

New bike - next size up?

Or a cheap electric guitar or keyboard and first book of how to play chords if he's into music?

DS1 got a keyboard for his 10th, DS2 got an i-pod (iirc.)

They were also given a games table between them one Christmas that did pool, table football etc and got loads of use out of it at that age for at least a year.

MadamNoo Wed 18-Sep-13 11:34:57

My 10 yo Percy Jackson fan has just got hooked on Skulduggery Pleasant series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now