Ideas for party at home for dd 11

(8 Posts)
pollycazalet Mon 09-Sep-13 09:59:24

Anyone got any ideas for games/ activities got 10 and 11 year old girls? We've fine lots of parties at home but suspect they are growing out of some of the games we've usually done.

survivingthechildren Mon 09-Sep-13 10:36:27

Do you have a garden? What are the girls into?

- High tea/picnic - you could have a cake decorating competition, and finish with a DVD
- Quiz à la pub round style - guess the lyrics, etc.
- Messy games, i.e. spaghetti makeovers, avocado face packs, twister with paint, trivia cream pies to the face if you get it wrong (did this for my DS2 when he was 12, they're still talking about it!)
- If they are a crafty bunch, I once taught a Brownie unit to make flower headbands which are easy and cheap

Maryz Mon 09-Sep-13 10:43:45

Pyjama party.

Go to primary and buy cheap pj's, slipper socks and hair accessories. Have them in the evening. Let them all snuggle under duvets and eat popcorn while watching a movie. Have a quiz (especially picture or guess the song or celebrity gossip based quiz)

They go home in the pj's instead of party bags.

Maryz Mon 09-Sep-13 10:44:12

Urgh, Primark, not primary.

Takver Wed 11-Sep-13 17:43:00

DD's 11th birthday one of the things they seemed to enjoy most was making their own pizzas for tea. I made bases in advance & put out loads of toppings for them to choose from. (Also had the advantage of dealing with the fussy eaters!)

3monkeys Wed 11-Sep-13 17:53:51

Dd is about to turn 12 and she loves makeovers, feet in a bowl of bubble bath otherwise called a foot spa!! I braid their hair, they play on the trampoline, eat sweets and watch films.

jennifersofia Sat 21-Sep-13 23:59:55

We have successfully done tie-dyed t-shirts. Have two buckets or pans with two different colour options, show them one you did earlier to give an idea of techniques they could use, dip and dye them and hang them out. Food afterwards, game or quiz or two. They can take them home or they can be given out the next day or so when they are dry. It is a nice memento, and useful!

lade Sun 22-Sep-13 19:43:05

My daughter has this game and it is very popular with her friends:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007N6HWWS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1379874926&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

They also like a forfeits version of pass the parcel. Instead of layers, when the music stops, they have to take and do a forfeit from the box. Things like: "pretend to be a boy" or "run outside and shout I'm an idiot". If you get good forfeits (google them), they find it hysterical.

And the chocolate eating game. You roll a Dice, put on gloves, hat and scarf and eat a bar of chocolate with a knife and fork until the next person rolls a six.

Chocolate roulette also goes down very well. That should start coming into the shops soon, ready for Christmas.

Or a good old pamper party. Try the cosmetic fairy for good / cheap nail polishes etc that you can put into party bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now