where do i get a 30DD child friendly bra from???

(17 Posts)
Eastpoint Fri 13-Sep-13 06:43:26

M&S had their teen sports bras reduced from £12.50 to £3 in store yesterday. They aren't online anymore so I can't link but they had a 30DD at Westfield White City.

Lucyadams184 Thu 12-Sep-13 15:37:18

I would go to M&S. They are great for underwear.

Gatekeeper Wed 11-Sep-13 15:32:56

I bought a plain non wired one for £12.50 from John Lewis last week also in size 30dd

xalyssx Sun 08-Sep-13 00:08:54

Try La Senza, I got a couple for myself in that sorta size, real cotton and really soft

EduCated Sun 08-Sep-13 00:02:57

Debenhams had a good selection instore today, in all sorts of styles (am a similar size).

hatgirl Fri 06-Sep-13 14:52:29

www.newlook.com/shop/womens/lingerie/size-30dd/_/N-9vqZdfk

sorry i just looked again and Matalan only go down to a 32DD

hatgirl Fri 06-Sep-13 14:49:25

try new look and matalan both do DD sizes in store

nikita1234 Fri 06-Sep-13 14:47:45

I found the underwired are actually better for the support needed..... Especially with all of those handstands and cartwheels being done.

Eastpoint Fri 06-Sep-13 02:43:56

I second John Lewis. They had several in the Oxford Street branch yesterday in the lingerie department on the 1st floor. They are not wired and pre-formed. £18

John Lewis bra

nikita1234 Wed 04-Sep-13 19:58:51

Thank you very much everyone :-)

lionfish Tue 03-Sep-13 19:27:13

Have you tried John Lewis? My 10 year old daughter was measured as a 28D a fortnight ago and the fitter was fantastic with her. There were a few choices in the 'teen' range that were available in a 28DD in the shop but are not available to buy on-line for some reason. They were also good at fitting them with some 'growing' room so that I woudn't have to spend a million pounds every month on bra.

I got a sports bra from ebay at a fraction of the price as they didn't have the white version available in JL.

Good luck.

Theas18 Tue 03-Sep-13 12:44:54

NOT M+S!!!

They do very little in a 30DD (maybe 1 style) and the DD plus range if you can find the back size is very... um either push up/plunge/boobytastic or frumpy " minimisers" . Not for a 10yr old at all. Debenhams have some DDs but they are either IMHO Floozy by frost french (pretty but very inconsistent sizing and "adult") or the standard £25+ freya/panache etc ( great bras but the cost is what the op is trying to avoid)

Sorry it's my personal bra rant !

BTW forgot to mention the factory bra shop in Desborough if you are are within driving distance of northants

www.eveden.com/factory-shop.aspx

Its bril and the prices are good but the range stocked isn't "usual" - you may do better in a 30 back size though. And as they have old ranges/overstocks etc there can be gluts of some things.

Tigerblue Tue 03-Sep-13 09:45:13

Just had a look at M&S online and Debenhams online. Depending on style prices start at around £12 but you may have to go up to £20 plus, but still cheaper than the £26 you mention. You can easily return to M&S instore and Debenhams is easy via the post, so you have the freedom of ordering a few for fit and being easily able to return them.

Theas18 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:48:05

eBay for the identical bra she has now but in last years colour.

I'd recommend a panache tango 2 balcony bra - the girls (and me!) love them and dd2 (a 28 -30 back and a lot bigger cup than your dd- but she was a dd at 11)

www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/panache-tango-balconette-bra

nikita1234 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:08:48

I was rather hoping she'd be a little older than 10 before struggling to find bra's to fit... It's quite often really hard to tell which have loads of padding too

Fairylea Mon 02-Sep-13 21:03:45

I'd look on eBay after looking on bravissimo for some ideas .. they have some good non wired ones which are nice for younger girls. You can write down the brands and eBay search them.

nikita1234 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:01:26

Where on earth can I find a suitable and child friendly bra for my 10 yr old daughter, without paying ridiculous prices. She does currently have a wired support bra with minimal padding but they are really hold to get hold of.
I'm having abit of a nightmare here.... I have brought her one for £26 but I simply cannot afford that for more HELP!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now