Preteens and slippers (pathetic thread of the day)

(12 Posts)

Those look nice and I could pinch them I will check with DS. Thanks.

my boys mainly just amble about in socks - when they have owned slippers, they have these type of things:

www.amazon.co.uk/Mens-Slippers-Boots-Made-Sheep/dp/B00ASDT1OK/ref=sr_1_13?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1378148446&sr=1-13&keywords=slipper+boots

i.e fleecy fluffy things, or fake cheap Ugg type things.

Could do - I don't really see other parents of this group much though, unfortunately, as they are at the "just chuck them out of the car" stage of drop off/pick up (Y7)

onepieceoflollipop Mon 02-Sep-13 17:48:29

Could you ask one of the other parents, and agree to buy the same thing? at least then if you get it "wrong" he will also have a mate with the wrong thing too!

Gobblers - I might end up there - I bought and sent slipper socks last time. I just mildly resent the fact that they were used (allegedly) for 3 weeks and then never again...

GobblersKnob Mon 02-Sep-13 17:47:03

Sorry. they are the wrong ones, they are just socks.

grin I suspected as much. I did ask him whether they actually wore slippers last time (2 years ago) - I sent slipper socks that time - and he said he did. I can't imagine he did so without nagging, so if they are forced to wear them, and I send something uncool, then he will hate me forever..

GobblersKnob Mon 02-Sep-13 17:45:25

Slipper socks?

They will have more designs in store, mine both love them, though they are a bit younger.

LIZS Mon 02-Sep-13 17:43:52

send the crocs and I bet they won't even make it out of the case !

LIZS - he hates flip flops and would fall over his feet even more than usual

At home he wears no shoes indoors, and his default slobbing around the garden footwear is crocs, which I won't let him go out in. I did suggest winter crocs because then I could "inherit" them as slippers for me but I have no idea if that would be social suicide or not. They are not a streetwise bunch, being very much country mice, but are mostly older and slightly more image-aware than DS is.

LIZS Mon 02-Sep-13 17:34:16

I would have thought any indoor shoes would be fine , what about flipflops ?

OK, so I seem to have fashion crises on behalf of DS only when he goes on school trips hmm but hoping someone can inspire me.

3 week residential trip - packing list includes slippers - DS does not own slippers and I have no idea what would be considered OK or otherwise by preteen boys (and girls). DS is more aware than he used to be - he announced that only "dweebs" would wear school games kit to pre-season training (conveniently ignoring the fact that he did exactly that last year...) so he does care and I would like to get it right.

So - if your preteen wears slippers, what sort of slippers do they wear?!

TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now