Scared of Wasps, Bees, Spiders, Flies etc

(3 Posts)
Notmyidea Thu 29-Aug-13 09:34:38

I've got one who has spent the summer running away from her food because of waspssad I know some of it is my fault. (I'm allergic to wasp stings and I'm very wary of them myself, although I don't indulge in the levels of hysteria she does.
I'm trying staying calm and ignoring it, but if it's working it's doing so very slowly.

shebird Wed 21-Aug-13 20:48:57

I sympathise my DD (9) also has developed a fear of anything crawling or flying and it drives my crazy. She jumps up runs even if a fly comes anywhere near her. It is so much worse at the moment as the garden is alive with bees, wasps, flies and all sorts. I am trying my best to ignore it hoping it is another phase she will grow out of.

Please I need some advice. My DD is 10 in november and is scared of everything. She is petrified of wasps and bees and runs and screams. Wont go in our conservatory which is our dining area because she has seen a spider in there (there is one there and quite big but he hides). It is getting to a point where she gets hysterical, screams runs around and I am really worried she will run away from one into the path of a car. Today I asked her to come into the garden to see our vegetables that are growing but she refused and cried and got hysterical because some bees were flying around one of the plants in the garden.

We are off on an activity holiday next week and quite frankly I am dreading this happening whilst we are away.

I tried to reassure her today by saying that the bees and wasps are only interested in the pollen but to no avail.

It sounds silly but am at my wits end with it. Please did anyone else have the same problem. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now