Ideas for 12 year old's party at home please

(5 Posts)
Madmog Fri 05-Jul-13 11:30:40

My daughter wants to do something adventurous for her birthday, but as her two closest friends are away for her birthday, I've suggested a party here a few days before they go and then do something fun on their return.

My daughter will want me out of the way most of the time, so just wondered if anyone could give me a few ideas on how to keep them occupied. Most of her old friends will happily just mess about, but feel I need something more constructive or as a back up as I don't know some of her new friends from school that well.

Takver Fri 05-Jul-13 21:26:36

DD is younger (11 last birthday) but we did make-your-own pizza which was a big hit with them all - I made bases or you could buy, then just put out a load of bowls with toppings and they spent ages & seemed to enjoy it more than anything else. Ironic really as it wasn't really meant to be an 'activity', its just she has a couple of ultra-fussy friends and I figured that putting their own toppings on would simplify matters!

DVD as back up is always good too of course.

insanityscratching Fri 05-Jul-13 21:39:44

You could follow the pizzas with make your own knickerbocker glories and get out the nail polishes and stick on jewels and let them have a manicure. Set up the wii and have a karaoke session. Then sleepover with dvd and popcorn.

movie party? They could make their own pizzas then eat pizzas / popcorn while they watch a DVD.

karaoke maybe?

Happymum22 Sun 07-Jul-13 14:13:39

Second the pizza and kickerbocker glory idea, sounds perfect! You can set it all out then leave them to it.
Could they dress up and have a posh dinner?
I have 3 DDs who have all gone through that age, if I remember right then their 12th birthdays were:
make up/hair party- think this is a bit outdated now though maybe?
pizza and movie party
garden/bbq party

DD went to a party once where they set up a huge tent/mini marquee thing in the garden and they all slept in it and had a bonfire where they toasted marshmallows, they all loved it.
Do you live near a beach? Could do a day trip there and take disposable BBQs or picnic food.
At that age they aren't too bothered if you are around setting things up, but don't want bossing about or you to hang around listening in.
They need something to do or it can easily turn to bitchiness/falling out with girls of that age!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now