Book recommendations needed for dealing with childhood anxieties or fears?

(4 Posts)
booksteensandmagazines Sat 06-Jul-13 18:24:51

I got my son a book for amazon a good few years ago - its one of the ines mentioned in the earlier post. This is the link: www.amazon.co.uk/What-When-You-Worry-Much/dp/1591473144/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373131350&sr=1-1&keywords=what+to+do+when+you+worry+too+much
It helped because it had practical ideas and gave us points to talk over. We also got him a dream catcher and whilst it didn't actually do anything, it did comfort him.

nminx Fri 05-Jul-13 22:06:23

Thank you, I will definitely check these out.

Dawn Huebner has written books to help children with this sort of thing. We have "What to do when you worry too much" and there's another that I haven't read called "What to do when you dread your bed".

nminx Thu 04-Jul-13 23:58:51

My 9 yr old is suffering from many anxieties including dislike of being alone in a room and fear of the dark etc.
in a different post I detailed some of the anxieties and it was kindly suggested that I post a separate thread asking for recommendations for reading material. Please do let me know if you can offer any help.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now