Brief Update

(2 Posts)
ChloeR32 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:38:57

Hi, So sorry I vanished for a few days after all of the support.
I think last week was a watershed moment for me - everything piled on top of me. I have had 1 session of counselling so far - and a few things have made sense:
with regard to the boys - I am pretty harsh on myself but not on others. The slightest sign that people aren't happy I assume its because of me. Esp if people criticise me - I tend to withdraw.
Not good if your a mom!
So, knowing this I was able to take a step back from my DS's comments and stood my ground. He's 13 - of course he's going to push boundaries doesn't mean he hates me!
It worked - small steps - but it worked. He now gets the school bus He missed it Monday - lapsed into bad habit and so walked (I was behind making sure he was OK but he didn't know that).
With regard to DH he is home approx 8 days out of 28. I feel uncomfortable about this - he didn't want me to work but I do feel 'beholden' to him.
I asked him if we could and he suggested that we ...SKYPE!!!!!! So I have a way to go on that front yet.
I have also enquired at the local RNLI about a fundraising volunteer post or a merchandising assistant.
So, small steps, but I feel as if I've 'switched on' again.
Thanks to everyone - it was good to know that most of what I felt was normal - I was just making a mountain out of a molehill.
Chloe

Startliteangel Tue 30-Apr-13 11:21:03

Hi Chloe ...I was in a similar situation too yours a few years ago..I was a stay at home mum..dh worked nites ..stayed miles from my family when we moved to a new area ..and the only two people I knew where my 2 OAP neighbours ...told dh how I felt ..he suggested I go to bingo with old Betty next door...so I got myself a part time job make new friends and haven't looked back since

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now