12yr old getting so ANGRY all the time...

(3 Posts)
bubby64 Thu 18-Oct-12 12:53:11

... I never know where I stand, one moment happy, co-operative, the next I just dont know what to do with him, shouting, throwing things, trying (and often succeding), to break things... I know that this age they have a lot of violent mood swings, but this is quite frightening for him (let alone his sibling and me!) as he has always been such a passive child.
He asked me this morning why he gets like this, and all I could say was its the male hormones of adulthood kicking it, and that this is quite normal behaviour, but, boy, it is really unnerving to see him get so worked up if the smallest thing does not go his way...

mrsfuzzy Thu 18-Oct-12 23:03:42

bubby you've already got your answer, i've gone through this 5 times and my last one on the verge of this difficult spell, it's tricky but you can help him by showing you understand what he's going through, he's talking to you about it too so that's good, what's the age gap with his sibling? it will pass but he will need support you don't mention dad is he around to help channel all that energy? does he do sports or the like?

bubby64 Sun 21-Oct-12 21:38:39

Sorry, not been back on boards for a bit, sibling is his twin, and doesnt seem to be affected quite so much (at the moment- time will tell) Dad is away all week working and back at weekends, so most of the time its me coping. Got him doing rugby, so hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now