Chem. free face skincare for 10 year old boy (no real spots yet)?

(5 Posts)
wohmum Thu 18-Oct-12 20:27:39

My 12 yr old ds has been using a boots simply sensitive foaming cleansing wash .

Seems fairly gentle and still clear skin

ClareMarriott Wed 17-Oct-12 18:08:25

If your son has'nt mentioned anything to you, I would leave it. After all he's only 10 - he's a child !!! Sorry if this sounds harsh but let him be a child

ripsishere Wed 17-Oct-12 02:43:23

Or the body shop.
Simple soap or pears are relatively gentle.
My 11.6 DD has some sort of scrub because she gets a spotty forehead sad for her. She has such lovely, soft skin apart from those bits.

bonzo77 Mon 15-Oct-12 22:16:09

not sure, but I might try an independent health food store.

kathykate Mon 15-Oct-12 16:08:20

My nearly 11 year old boy has lovely skin, but noticed a few weeks ago a few tiny red spots around his nose. I mean tiny. But it's got me thinking that I'd like to give him something to wash his face with, get him into a routine for when he's a bit older, maybe facial cleansing now will keep acne at bay! All I want is something very simple and natural which won't dry his skin, as I'm not going to be making him moisturise afterwards and doubt if he would bother anyway

Also, I would like to avoid all those advertised products, Freederm etc. This isn't to treat spots, just to cleanse the skin without drying it. Is there a kind of soap free soap? (soap always dried my skin to smithereens). Or some kind of tea tree product?

Thought doing a Google would throw up ideas but just got lots of people recommending usual suspects Freederm, Simple, Clearasil etc.

Would love to hear ideas. Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now