How many pairs of boots/shoes/trainers do your children have each year?

(6 Posts)
Madmog Tue 02-Oct-12 15:22:00

I was just wondering how many pairs of boots/shoes/trainers everyone buys their kids each year. My daughter is 11 so getting more fashion conscious, and along with that comes wanting more!

Generally I buy her two pairs trainers one for school and one for home, winter boots, wellies (although last year found a great pair of fasionable snowboots which did both), school shoes, sandles and flipflops, so that totals 7 pairs a year.

Snowbell Tue 02-Oct-12 21:56:55

About the same as you for my DD who is coming up to 11.

GraduallyGoingInsane Sun 07-Oct-12 20:42:28

I have 4 DDs, 3 at secondary and 1 at primary.

DD1, 2 and 3 have:
-School shoes
-Indoor trainers for PE
-Outdoor trainers for PE
-Ballet shoes, pointe shoes, character shoes, tap shoes, dance trainers
-Cheerleading trainers
-Ballet pumps that aren't black (DD1 has bronze and pale pink, DD2 has pale pink, DD3 has silver)
-Vans for DD1 and DD2, Converse for DD3
-Ugg boots
-Leather boots (ankle boots for DD1 and DD2, knee boots for DD3)
-Flip flops
-Leather sandals

DD4 has:
-School shoes
-School trainers
-Ballet shoes, character shoes, tap shoes, dance trainers
-Cheerleading trainers
-Ballet pumps (bright pink and white)
-Converse
-Ugg boots
-Wellies
-Leather sandals

Then DD1 also has a pair of black patent high heels, a pair of black shoe boots and a pair of white wedge sandals. DD2 tends to borrow these when my back is turned.

Blimey...that's a lot of shoes! They're not replaced each year though - only school shoes and trainers are an annual thing, the others are more as and when, and have accumulated.

lljkk Wed 10-Oct-12 18:05:57

My problem is clothes; 90% of DD's are & always have been castoffs & I have no feel for what a reasonable wardrobe size would be if I had to buy all her clothes. Hopefully she'll wear castoffs forever wink

Shoes similar to OP, DD 11 has at the moment:

School: trainers, plimsols, lightweight (currently sporting large hole), boots. The cheap boots purchased 12 months ago & still fit but DD dissatisfied because not waterproof, both pairs of school shoes to be replaced soonish with something that cost >= £70.

Home: trainers, jodpur boots that double as wellies, sandals (from the summer), at least 3 prs of flipflops, all acquired summer 2011 or earlier.

strictlycaballine Wed 24-Oct-12 14:00:09

dd: 9 yrs
slippers
wellies
jodphur boots
ballet shoes
trainers (I buy cheap ones and they are perfectly adequate)
plimsolls (for indoor school gym)
school shoes
'best' shoes for party/church/going out etc
winter boots
flip flops

she also has a pair of open toed sandals each year in a neutral colour that go with everything

In my day, all I had was one pair of school plimsolls and one pair of school shoes (and the odd pair of wellingtons/jodhpur boots that I wore until they had holes in)

Cobon Wed 24-Oct-12 14:42:01

Quite relieved reading these as my hallway is full of girls shoes and yet she still doesn't have appropriate footwear when needed. I buy cheap pumps for when she's not at school/getting wet etc. which fills a gap but I still seem to need to get her school shoes, waterproof boots, 2 pairs of trainers, slippers, plimsolls, converse type shoes/out of school shoes, sandals, crocs and flip flops. Then her Dad takes her shopping and buys whatever she wants. 10+ pairs of shoes! Ouch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now