Forum for 10 year old trainspotter?

(7 Posts)
KayHunt Thu 04-Apr-13 20:50:16

Interested in this too. My 6 year old has a love of trains (steam mainly), but I don't think there's anything online. He gets a lot of enjoyment from talking to other spotters at the stations when the 'specials' come through. smile

invicta Thu 04-Apr-13 20:48:04

Many of the team railways have kids zones. Eg Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch.

If you live in Hertfordshre, then Harpenden has Brambleton model railway train club, a youth kids club.

JackiePaper Thu 04-Apr-13 20:29:50

My nearly 9yr old ds is fanatical about trains, the amount of knowledge he has about the amazes me! We could get them to email each other? Sen me a pm smile

wisecamel Mon 02-Apr-12 20:26:45

You might be on to something here RnB! My son would love this but Hornby is too grown up. If you're putting something together, could it also have a dinosaur section? (split very accurately into time periods please, otherwise he wouldn't give it the time of day!) smile.

Sorry that's not very helpful, but I too will be keeping an eye on this one...

He'd be happy with my Ds then! (ASD too)
He watches train vids on Youtube and play a train simulator on the laptop.

Watching with interest, as Ds, not got a dx, but has some aspergars like tendencies, is developing an obsession interest in trains...

RnB Wed 29-Feb-12 10:31:01

I'm looking for a forum for my 10 yr old son (who has autism) to be able to chat to other enthusiasts on. He is starting to understand that not everyone is interested in trains smile and he would love to talk to like-minded children his age. All the forums I've found are geared towards adults. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now