Morning vs afternoon nursery place

(6 Posts)
ella78 Tue 14-Jun-16 21:21:15

Hi there,
We have a morning offer for my little one at Miss Delaney's in Holland Park and an afternoon place at Strawberry fields in notting hill. I do favour Strawberry fields but worry how an afternoon place will affect his afternoon naps etc. Could you share your experience of an afternoon nursery and if you were happy with these two nurseries? Where did your children continued onto in terms of schools please?
Huge thanks!!

MiaowTheCat Fri 15-Jul-16 08:19:19

One of mine did a mix of morning and afternoon sessions (at different places to you) and I have to say I found the afternoon ones a real pain in that they just tie up your whole day - you can't get much done in the morning as you know you have to get back and do lunch and get out for drop off whereas once a morning session's done you've got the rest of the day uncommitted to do other stuff.

ExitPursuedByABear Fri 15-Jul-16 08:24:28

No idea on the nurseries you mention, but mornings worked for me.

Hagothehills Fri 15-Jul-16 08:27:19

My DS goes to nursery in the afternoon but has dropped his naps mostly. If he does he has a morning nap (because he wakes up at five o bloody clock and doesn't go to nursery until 1pm). So he wakes at five, naps from about 9 to 11 and then we leave at half 12

lljkk Fri 15-Jul-16 08:29:03

I loved afternoons, but I am a slow slug in mornings so pottering until after lunch was great. They just had a nap sort of 3:30-4:30; mine never went to sleep before 9pm regardless of timing. Most people seem to strongly prefer mornings.

MiaowTheCat Fri 15-Jul-16 08:30:19

As for naps - I bloody wish with mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now