Preschool Committee Chair

(1 Post)
thatsnotmypineapple Wed 12-Mar-14 14:36:19

Does anyone have any guidance on what my role is as chair? I have unexpectedly found myself as chair and haven't a clue what I am supposed to be doing. I do know the previous chair, but she had to resign suddenly for personal reasons, and I don't like to keep referring to her on every little thing.

The preschool leader is lovely, but is quite reluctant for me to get involved in any way other than as a figurehead, but given that I am ultimately responsible for the preschool, I want to make sure I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Ofsted could turn up at any time, and I understand that our Early Years Adviser has said we would get notice to improve if inspected now.

I do understand it from the leader's point of view; in that she has been running the preschool for years, and each year a different batch of parents come onto the committee trying to make changes. However I understand that the previous two chairs have been heavily involved and I don't want to lose the momentum that they have started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now