I never see DSs keyworker

(4 Posts)
Siennasun Sat 01-Mar-14 22:16:13

DS moved into the toddler room of his nursery in November. On his first proper day in his new room his new keyworker introduced herself to me, but since that I have hardly ever seen her (maybe 2 or 3 times since then).
DS seems happy in nursery and I have no concerns about his care there or about the nursery in general.
I took his learning journey home recently to read through and the key workers' observations were an accurate reflection of what DS is like and what he can do, so she obviously knows him well.
Should I be concerned that I have no relationship with her and hardly ever see her?

Nevercan Sun 02-Mar-14 18:08:41

Do they do a parents evening type thing? Ours do and then is when I get to see dd2's key worker

Siennasun Sun 02-Mar-14 20:11:47

Yes, in the summer. He's only been in nursery 6 months so we've not been to one yet.
So is this normal then? Other mums I've talked to seem to think it's wrong that she never does hand overs. But if he's happy and has a good relationship with key worker during the day, then I'm not sure why it matters if I don't see her when I pick him up.

Nevercan Sun 02-Mar-14 20:43:49

I think it all depends on the hours they do. You should see then either at the beginning or end ideally. U could ask what hours she does. You could always ask to change her key worker to one u would c more often

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now