have 2 kids - how to organise wrap around care? what works for you?

(3 Posts)
sheetofpaper Sun 08-Sep-13 11:15:41

agree on consistency and it is best 1 person. our nanny is moving to different city, so the next nanny woudl again not guarantee if woudl stay till he is 3. My mum and CM are local ( CM's kids are in a local school ) - so it is unlikely there woudl be a change.

lorisparkle Sun 08-Sep-13 09:23:03

I personally think that care by one person (nanny, grandma, Childminder) is always the best option until they are nearly 3yrs depending on finances. If I had to work and could afford it I would have chosen a nanny but luckily my mum helped when she could. It does depend why you are looking to change.

sheetofpaper Sun 08-Sep-13 06:16:07

Have DD1 - in primary school, full time. It is a school on my way to work, so I need to to her at 7.30 am in the morning to drop of the CM near the school. DD2 is 18 months. She is at home with the nanny at the moment, but I want to consider a different set up. PErhaps, DD2 to go to nursery/ CM and asking my mum to help in the morning 7 - 9.00 am, then picking up DD2 from CM at 12.00 for lunch and a nap and staying with DD2 till 3.30 pm when my DH comes with DD2. OR shall I keep the nanny till DD2 goes to school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now