What do you think about staff kissing your child in nursery?

(2 Posts)
treestrees Mon 08-Jul-13 13:07:36

Hi - saw an interesting article on this topic on www.daynurseries.co.uk

www.daynurseries.co.uk/news/article.cfm/id/1560390/nurseries-adopt-no-kissing-policy-to-protect-staff-from-being-accused-of-abuse

Just wondered what everyone else thinks? I feel quite sad that some nurseries don't even encourage children to sit on staff members' laps for very long. My son goes to a nursery and a childminder and I think it is so important for him to get cuddles and kisses!

RobinBedRest Sat 13-Jul-13 17:54:57

I don't think kisses are essential, but wouldn't be bothered either. I would be worried about any setting that discouraged cuddles and sitting on laps, especially for younger children.

I saw my osteo through my pregnancy and now my DD is 18mo I take her sometimes. She treats her whilst she toddles about and once kissed the top of her head. I jumped a bit in suprise but wasn't a bit bothered, and this is someone who was only with her for half an hour. I think toddlers just bring out that kind of affection in most people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now