Thoughts on nursery with small pre school group

(4 Posts)
milkwasabadchoice Tue 07-May-13 15:03:06

I went to see a nursery today in the town we are planning to move to. It's new - only set up last summer - and although it's nearly full in the baby room, the pre school room has 11 on te busiest day.

I have a dd who will be nearly three when she would start. She is busy, outgoing, lively, chatty etc. I am wondering if there will be enough children to create a really stimulating environment and to eventually prepare her for school. I liked the nursery overall very much but I want her to have all the interaction she needs.

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Thoughts please!

BrienneOfTarth Tue 07-May-13 15:15:51

definitely worrying unnecessarily. It sounds great to me. If you liked it, go for it.

I know what you mean about the advantage of being part of a crowd but this would only be an issue if it was just 2 or 3 other kids i.e. childminder levels. 11 is plenty for a diverse range of interations. Plus it will probably grow if it's a new place. tbh I think that the 30ish which is typical in some nurseries is too far in the other direction - circa 15 would be better imo.

BackforGood Wed 08-May-13 22:44:13

Have to agree, I think that's a lovely number for 3 yr olds smile

kimmills222 Wed 22-May-13 12:10:55

I also took my kid to this preschool named Little Kingdom Childcare and I loved it very much. The teachers were very good, kind and understanding and the environment was also very nice with lots of room for the kids to develop. http://www.littlekingdomchildcare.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now