What happens if I move away during pre-school admission process?

(5 Posts)
sparkle9 Sat 13-Apr-13 01:40:38

Does the admissions policy definitely take distance into consideration? In my area it's date of birth rather than distance used for nursery admissions.

littlecrystal Thu 11-Apr-13 08:59:59

Thank you. The nursery is a state nursery not attached to any of schools. I may decide to postpone my moving after all.

MajaBiene Thu 28-Mar-13 16:17:34

If you move before they allocate next March then yes they probably won't give you they place. If you move between March and September I'm not so sure. Is it a state nursery school?

Beatrixpotty Thu 28-Mar-13 16:12:57

Not sure how it works where you live but my local pre-school does not have a catchment,the only criteria seem to be that if you want to go,you ask for a place.It is regulated by the school it is attached to,not the council who regulate primary school admissions.It probably is 1st come,1st served in terms of admissions.I would just apply,get your place and not worry about where you live.As far as I know being in a certain pre-school is no guarantee of getting a reception place at a particular school and to me reception places are much more important as they dictate education up to age 11.Just make sure you live in the right catchment for your chosen reception place when the time comes.

southnorwoodmum Wed 20-Mar-13 22:42:38

I want my DS to attend a certain nursery school but we also want to relocate (not far - just 2 miles away). The school admission policy says we can apply now as DS already turned 2, but the result will be known next March and the preschool will start in Sep/2014. If I apply now with my current address DS will defo get in. If I inform them later that my address changed will they withdraw the place? Thanks for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now