How safe is your child's nursery - watch it on Channel 4 on Monday 8pm

(7 Posts)
Phatface Sun 10-Feb-13 16:41:29

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-115/episode-5

oinker Mon 11-Feb-13 20:21:03

shock sad

oinker Mon 11-Feb-13 20:25:21

Ermmmmmmmm?????????

Oops!
Internet Explorer could not connect to www.ofsted.gov.uk

Try reloading: www.­ofsted.­gov.­uk

firstpost Mon 11-Feb-13 22:11:32

Yes, utterly heartbreaking for the parents of Rhyia. They were very brave and spoke so eloquently. She was just a gorgeous little girl sad

I have now discovered the nursery I am moving DS to in March has had a complaint about poor supervision and staff to child ratios. Having some serious second thoughts even though Ofsted didnt seem to uphold it. Easy to miss the complaints section unless you know it's there.

splodge1 Mon 11-Feb-13 22:40:04

Your feelings are understandable , but a copy of this complaint should be available for you to see in the nursery , for you to form your own judgement , you must bare in mind also , some times complaints are made with the wrong intentions , sometimes made when people are disgruntled about finance believe it or not ! which can be a shame.
i would recommend visiting the nursery again and discussing your concerns , they will more than likely expecting some responce from parents of this nature , good luck i hope you find a place ou are happy with smile

Goldmandra Tue 12-Feb-13 09:42:35

Lots of Early Years setting have malicious complaints made against them because parents can get upset about very trivial issues and it is, quite rightly, very easy to complain to Ofsted.

I do, however find it shocking that a nursery can effectively disown its record so easily when that record includes the death of a child as a result of failings on their part. This needs addressing.

ukatlast Fri 15-Feb-13 11:46:05

I just googled UK child nursery death - there have been several cases in the last couple of years...including a 22 month old choking on a jelly cube... Choking hazards need to be emphasised much more in staff training...many toys have an age 3 guideline for a reason.
If you have no choice but to use a nursery at a young age, ask the staff about choke hazards and see how clued up they are (not).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now