PE !

(8 Posts)
isit5pmyet Tue 02-Oct-12 03:06:56

Thanks for the info and no he will not need to change underwear! Oops

KellyMarieTunstall Sat 29-Sep-12 20:51:19

No he shouldnt * need* to change underwear for PE . However I always have a few children , mainly boys , who take everything off. Seems that once they get going theres no stopping them.grin

Its takes a few weeks of instruction and decreasing amounts of help in the classroom to get those children who lag behind in the undressing stakes up to speed with their friends. Of course speed is not the issue at this end of the school year.Its all part of the learning process.

Tiggles Sat 29-Sep-12 20:43:27

DS3 has just started in nursery attached to a school. They do PE a couple of times a week, but this term seem to be doing it in their clothes, just changing into their velcro plimsolls. However, they do have full PE kit and gradually will be changing completely.

I have found with DS1 and 2 that I checked that they could change into PE kit before starting school (neither wanted to dress themselves on a regular basis). They were both capable and have never had a problem getting changed in school. Didn't mean they wanted to get dressed at home though!

I have a laundry marker pen (Sharpie I think the make is - loads of people on here recommended them) worked great in shoes etc as well as on labels.

I taught mine to put their stuff into their PE bag as they took it off.

Sirzy Fri 28-Sep-12 14:23:58

Why would he need to change underwear?

isit5pmyet Fri 28-Sep-12 14:22:53

Thanks for the info!

lljkk Thu 27-Sep-12 07:45:59

Shouldn't need to change underwear for PE.
Most shoes are velcro.

Many children still needs lots of support changing clothes right to end of yr2. Yours is still in preschool, he's got 11 months before he starts school! I wouldn't worry about it, just gently encourage & teach.

I write with marker pen our surname on outside collar of PE shirts. Only way to not lose them, I found.

DeeLinquent Thu 27-Sep-12 07:38:59

My Ds 5 has been dressing/undressing himself since he was 3! But I know there is a couple boys in his class who can't quite manage yet. I would let him try one day I'm sure he will manage better than you think.
I use iron on labels pack of 100 was £2.99 from studio.

isit5pmyet Thu 27-Sep-12 07:34:14

So my lo has just started at preschool and I've just attended the first meeting letting us know what lies ahead.
Slightly worried on the PE issue as he is not yet dressing himself and will have to do so, 3 days a week at PE.
Do all 5yr old boys dress themselves?! Underwear. Tshirt, socks, trainers, laces etc?! Is he just 'behind' and lazy while I do it for him each day? Any tips for making this new task for him to learn, rather quickly, would be most welcome.
Also, what would be the best method of imprinting his name on PE items? Do I need to pull out my sewing kit or will my permanent marker do the trick?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now