Nurseries in Highbury London N5?

(6 Posts)
melonsrock Thu 23-Feb-12 15:33:48

Can anyone recommend a nursery in Highbury for my 18 month old? Just moved to the area and looking for a nursery for him couple of mornings a week. Thanks.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 23-Feb-12 23:41:56

Aberdeen Park at the Green Lanes end of Highbury New Park. DD loved it.

melonsrock Tue 28-Feb-12 11:48:55

Thanks...will check that one out..Just been to look at Little Angels on Blackstock Road and Kids Unlimited Highbury Stadium...both looked great..how do you choose! Any more feedback on either of these places or Highbury Community Nursery which is actually the nearest, very welcome! As its only a couple of mornings/afternoons we need doesn't have to be the nearest or the cheapest...

MilKat Wed 11-Jul-12 20:42:44

Does anyone have any feedback on Little Angels Highbury for an almost 1 year old? Thanks!

Picoloangel Fri 03-Aug-12 21:25:05

Hi Milkat

My DD goes to LA. She has been there for about 6 months and loves it. The actual nursery staff are very good and caring but there aspects of the way the nursery is managed which are infuriating. For example, expect clothes to get lost/given to the wrong children and a general air of disorganisation which can be very frustrating. Also they are very inflexible - if you're ill or work need you to change a day, they won't let you swap days even if it means little or no inconvenience to them because they know they can charge you for the further day. I'm afraid that I find this overt taking advantage of parents really horrible - they know parents in London often have no-one else and the realisation that my lovely baby was a money spinner to them was really heartbreaking. BUT the main thing (and the reason she's still attending) is that my DD is v happy there and the staff that SHE comes into contact with are very good. TBH the things that I find annoying are to do with my experience of the nursery and not DD's.
Also I find that LA are more robust than alot of nurseries when it comes to illness and administering and you won't find them ringing you every 2 mintes to say that your LO has sneezed and should be collected immediately. That may not sound like much of an issue now but wait until you're back at work! I have colleagues whose nurseries are never off the phone and have caused alot of unnecessary upset and worry over really trivial things.

I hope this helps and despite my slight whinge I would recommend them.

chookychooky Thu 09-May-13 21:31:59

DS has been attending LA since late March. Agree with Picoloangel, the carers are good and patient but the MANAGEMENT, argh! don't get me start on that. DS had a minor eye infection and they called me to collect him. I knew I might not be able to go to work the next day, I had to finish things to hand and make sure urgent tasks were covered. Including travel time, I arrived merely three hours after the called. They made a such fuss that I should be there in less an hour max to collect DS. I was thinking to myself... I worked my ass off to pay you and at least I should deserve the service as a customer. I understand their concern but I just thought they should be more understanding as there was no one I could call to collect DS. Not mentioning the next day, they refused to take DS even though the GP said it was totally minor and should just follow the normal routine. Have decided to quit my job and look for alternatives. not having a job means only can pay for 2 half days but they have a "minimum". Shame, the carers are nice and DS really like them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now