Oxted area - nursery fees?

(6 Posts)
Nincat Mon 21-Feb-11 14:28:51

Hello, we're considering moving to Oxted, Surrey and I'm trying to get an idea of the average nursery fees in the area.

Can anyone help? I'm not ready to contact nurseries directly as it will be while before we move, but any rough idea of costs would be very helpful.

Thank you!

LIZS Mon 21-Feb-11 14:36:43

I would say £5.50-£7 p/hr depending on where, which and how old child is by then. This one is attached to a local private school (on separate site) for example.

Nincat Mon 21-Feb-11 15:34:05

Thank you LIZS, not much different to London then but The Larks pricing structure not exactly encouraging commuting parents, and there I was thinking Oxted was full of commuters!

Thanks for your help.

LIZS Mon 21-Feb-11 16:22:40

It is , but the Larks is probably at the more expensive end. There are others, in Oxted itself and around. CMs are cheaper too

AP1000 Mon 07-Mar-11 14:14:51

Hi there, just noticed this thread and wondered if someone can help me?

We are moving to Oxted from London in May and I have 2 DDs aged almost 2 and 3.5 that I'm looking for a nursery place for. I've googled a few, but to be honest I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start as most don't seem to have very much info on their websites (or I can't find a website) so was wondering if anyone could guide me on good nurseries in the area??

For info, haven't yet decided whether primary schooling will be state or private yet.

thanks in advance!

Becke Sun 23-Sep-12 16:18:41

My son went to the larks from 6months, which he enjoyed lots and I would recc. He is now three and goes to hurst green in the mornings for his free 15 hours. Then to a childminder in the afternoon as she can pick him up. Our 1 yr old also goes to the childminder all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now