Would you send your child to two preschools?

(13 Posts)
Gargula Tue 16-Nov-10 21:03:55

Hi,
My DS started at a local preschool for 2 sessions in September and LOVED it. No problems settling in and has a good time.
I would love and have requested more sessions but unfortunately they are totally full.
There is another preschool in the area which I'm considering sending him to for a further two sessions. But I do wonder whether this is a good idea.
Has anyone sent their child to two different preschools? Were their problems with settling in, confusion about the different "rules" etc?

nobiggy Tue 16-Nov-10 21:06:17

Yes, she just saw it as two different places where she did different things.

She much preferred the one she just had two sessions at, unfortunately.

SandStorm Tue 16-Nov-10 21:11:24

I didn't myself but I have friends who have and as far as I'm aware there have been no problems. Children are very adaptable.

All I can suggest is try it and if it doesn't work for your child pull him out.

Loopymumsy Wed 17-Nov-10 10:22:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hels71 Wed 17-Nov-10 19:13:43

My DD goes to one near home for two mornings (9-12) and one near work for a whole day (9-3). She is totally fine with it. They are both very difefrent..one is quite "old fashioned" for want of a better word and the other very child led...and she is thriving in both.

ANTagony Wed 17-Nov-10 19:15:57

DS was in nursery 3 days and I put him in local playgroup a couple of hours other two days so he'd mix with the crowd he'd be going up to school with. He enjoyed both.

FreudianSlimmery Wed 17-Nov-10 20:12:59

DD does 2 sessions at a daycare (ie paid for with longer hours) preschool which we started her at in June because she was desperate to go to 'school'. Funding kicked in this September and she takes her other 3 sessions at the community Playgroup.

The two places are totally different and she loves both!

UniS Wed 17-Nov-10 20:59:26

Boy has been at 2 preschools for last year and a bit, hes fine with it.
They are different in many many ways but basic rules are the same any where, no hitting, be kind, tell a grown up, wash your hands etc.

NellieForbush Wed 17-Nov-10 21:08:08

Yes we do. She really likes them both. They are very different in their approach and she brings home different things from them. I'm really glad its worked out the way it has as I now really value the variety. Its great preparation for school where they may find totally different teachers/people.

Gargula Wed 17-Nov-10 22:05:22

Thanks for all your replies - overwhelmingly positive which is fantastic. Thanks!

andreaclare71 Thu 17-Oct-13 12:17:11

I am too thinking of sending my daughter to 2 Pre-schools. She is nearly 3. The above positive comments have really helped my concerns. Children adapt to change very well and as long as she enjoys her time there then I guess it will be fine!

HSMMaCM Thu 17-Oct-13 15:07:53

I did. My DD didn't like one of them, so she was eventually going to the same one all week, where she was very happy.

kimmills222 Mon 28-Oct-13 10:52:34

No I have not done but I think sending a child to two preschools is not a difficult task because children are adapt themselves to their surroundings especially if there are plenty of children around. The basic rules of all the schools are almost the same and thus, children learn many things at the same time. They meet different people teachers and friends and enjoy it. As long as the child is comfortable going to two different he/she can be sent. It totally depends upon the child.
T

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now