Present for the neonatal nurses?

(11 Posts)
toopeoply Sun 29-May-16 19:25:40

My baby has been a long term resident. When she comes home I'd like to get them a present, it's a fairly small team and they've all been amazing. Does anyone have any great ideas for a gift to get them?

FifiRebel Tue 31-May-16 02:27:35

Someone else on here recommended etsy for an incubator cover. I noticed they have lots of things that mention NICU nurses so probably worth a search through the site

toopeoply Wed 01-Jun-16 03:34:09

That was me re the incubator cover! I'll give etsy a look though

Out2pasture Wed 01-Jun-16 04:00:15

Chocolates ;), most nurses enjoy boxed chocolate. One box for each rotation.

Ginmummy1 Thu 02-Jun-16 10:45:34

A nice card for each individual nurse that you feel deserves one smile Preferably with a picture of your baby and a personal, handwritten message.

Plus something generic such as a tin of biscuits, chocolates, cake, flowers (eg roses where they take one home each) - but the personal card will mean more to them.

RainyMornings Thu 02-Jun-16 10:57:43

As a HCP I recommend nice biccies, a fruit basket, or some nice pastries (croissants that they can heat up for breakfast break) would be nice. Alternatively a big jar of dowe egberts or azera coffee, a giant aveeno or sanex hand cream with a pump top (so a cream with low scent) would make you a favourite

MissBattleaxe Thu 02-Jun-16 11:04:53

I would suggest a ton of stuff they can keep by the kettle. Good tea bags, good coffee, hot choc, big tin of biscuits. You could do a tea break hamper and that way all the team can enjoy it. Plus thank you cards as mentioned above.

hedwig2001 Thu 02-Jun-16 11:17:07

Cake or sweets always go down well. If you want to go with the handcream idea, ask first, as my hospital won't allow multi-use pots for infection control reasons.
All nurses need to collect evidence of patient feedback to maintain their registration, so individual cards would be really helpful.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Thu 02-Jun-16 11:31:05

We had a lovely box of mixed cupcakes given to us, they went down a treat.

We have also had a beautiful framed picture for the wall, it now hangs proudly with a little plaque underneath it.

To be honest though, just a thank you card and feedback to the bosses are more than enough. Our hospital runs a scheme where staff can be nominated for an award, we can be nominated individually or as a team and a nomination for something like that means a lot.

LavenderRains Thu 09-Jun-16 08:02:40

We always appreciate food grin
With busy shifts it's good to pop in the staff room for a pastry, biscuit or cake.
previous gifts have been as pp mentioned: coffee, tea,fruit et. we also had a new TV for the staff room and a coffee machineshock
TBH just a card is lovely, we keep all of them. It's nice to know you're appreciated.

TheEdgeIsNigh Sat 20-Aug-16 18:02:12

We got a huge Subway platter for them. They loved it. They seemed a bit sick of chocs and most were on a diet! Ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now